At this point in the summer, you might be considering a quick getaway to the mountains for the weekend or a slightly longer trip to the beach or even to Europe or South America. Wherever you go and for however long, one thing remains the same. You have to figure out how to get all your crap into a teeny tiny little suitcase. Guys can’t be seen walking around with too much luggage. It just doesn’t look right. So, here are a few tips on what to take and how to pack it so you can look your best with the least amount of effort.
Pack It Up
1. Check the weather the night before you leave so you can be sure to pack the right things. Don’t put yourself in the situation where you don’t have a rain coat and are forced to buy a bright yellow poncho from the nearest gift shop.
2. Pack versatile pieces in neutral colors that can be mixed and matched. Go ahead and pack that statement piece if you have extra room, but don’t get caught with nothing but bold options. Chances are you’ll forget a crucial piece and end up wondering what else you could possibly wear with them.
3. Try the rolling method. Seriously, fold in the edges of your clothes and then roll them up tight. You’ll be amazed how much room this leaves for souvenirs. Plus, it reduces wrinkles.
4. When you think you’re done packing, start weeding things out. It’s always best to leave a little extra room for whoever is going to be rifling through your bag at airport security and leaving you to clean up the mess.
5. If it’s too hard to pack it, wear it. You can leave more space in your luggage by pulling out your favorite blazer and pair of shoes. Also, don’t pack an extra outfit by mistake. That isn’t something you can afford to do with limited space.Google+